the sprain meaning is a stretching or tearing of ligaments. The ligaments is the tough bands of fibrous tissue that connect two bones together in your joints.
Initial treatment includes rest, ice, compression and elevation (RICE). Mild sprains can be successfully treated by massage treatment.. Severe sprains sometimes require surgery to repair torn ligaments.
Symptoms of strain
Signs and symptoms will be different , depending on the severity of the injury, and may include:
- Bruising (inflammation of a bursa. A bursa is a closed, fluid-filled sac that works as a cushion and gliding surface to reduce friction between tissues of the body. The major bursae are located next to the tendons near the large joints, hips shoulders, elbows, and knees.)
- Limited ability to move the affected joint
- Hearing or feeling a “pop” in your joint at the time of injury
How is it treated? (RICE)
you can first use the RICE approach to treat your ankle:
- Rest. You may need to use crutches until you can walk without pain.
- Ice. For at least the first 24 to 72 hours or until the swelling goes down, apply an ice pack for 10 to 20 minutes every hour or two during the day. remember always keep a thin cloth between the ice and your skin, and press the ice pack firmly against all the curves of the affected area.
- Compression. An elastic compression wrap, such as a tensor bandage, will help reduce swelling. You wear it for the first 24 to 36 hours. Compression wraps do not offer protection. So you also need a brace to protect your ankle if you try to put weight on it.
- Elevation. Raise your ankle above the level of your heart for 2 to 3 hours a day if possible. This helps to reduce swelling and bruising.
massage therapy help to treated sprain
Massage can help ease pain with promoting blood flow to the sprained area. If the injury is particularly severe or painful, you should seek advice from a qualified massage therapist.
At arona with can help you to treat your injury (sprain).